Forsyth County is one of the fastest-growing areas in the United States, stimulated by its proximity to Atlanta and appeal as a commuter base for people working there.
There’s no doubt that the City of Cumming has continued to grow and evolve over the years. Today’s City of Cumming is a vibrant, bustling place full of life and activity for residents and visitors of every age.
Here’s a list of the many amenities and attractions offered by the City of Cumming:
- Cumming Aquatic Center: Offering two indoor pools and a full outdoor water park, the Cumming Aquatic Center provides a wide range of activities from swim lessons, aquatic and land-based fitness classes, leisure and lap swimming, party rentals, and competitive swim organizations.
- Cumming Fairgrounds: So much more than just the Cumming Country Fair & Festival, the Cumming Fairgrounds venue plays host to numerous community and private events year-round.
- Cumming Playhouse: Opened in 2004, the Cumming Playhouse provides top-notch live entertainment every year, ranging from large-scale Broadway musicals to intimate concerts and plays.
- Cumming Recreation Center: Opened in 2016, the Recreation Center offers space for the Cumming Recreation Department’s dance, art and fitness programs, as well as a 4,900-square-foot multi-purpose room that is available for community rentals, and a modern playground and picnic pavilion.
- Dobbs Creek: This gymnasium facility is home to the Cumming Recreation’s youth basketball and gymnastics programs. It is surrounded by several athletic fields utilized by Cumming and Forsyth County youth teams.
- Mary Alice Park: Located just minutes from downtown Cumming, Mary Alice is a seasonal park on the shores of beautiful Lake Lanier. The park is open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekends only in the spring and daily during summer and early fall.
- Veterans War Memorial: The Cumming Veterans War Memorial was created in the early 1990s as a way to show support to our nation’s troops deployed in Desert Storm. The memorial honors fallen Cumming and Forsyth County service men and women, and serves as the site of Cumming’s annual Memorial Day and Veterans Day ceremonies.
- Historic Sinclair Station, Pool Hall, and Brannon-Heard House: Focused on preservation of the few remaining historic sites in the City, leaders have purchased and restored the Sinclair Gas Station and Pool Hall, which are leased to genealogical and historical education group, as well as the Brannon-Heard House, which as of August 3, 2018, is leased by the Sawnee Association of the Arts as a public Art Center with displays, art classes, gift shop and café.
- Chestatee Lake & Golf Community
- Hampton Golf Village
- Polo Golf and Country Club
- The Legends of Settendown Creek
- The Manor Golf and Country Club
- Vickery Village
- Ansley Park
- Candler Park
- Inman Park
- North Forsyth
- South Forsyth
- Tuxedo Park
- Virginia Highland
Last updated on Mar 28, 2020 11:30:pm.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
© 2020 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.